Cleaning & Safety
As it has always been, the safety and security for our guests and crew remain our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene on our vessels. Although sunlight, saltwater and being outdoors have been shown to minimize the risk of Covid-19 transmission, we continue to take additional measures in our rigorous cleaning and hygiene protocols:
- Training to all our boat crew in accordance to government guidelines to minimize the risk of spread of the virus.
- Crew will be tested for Covid-19 before returning to work and ongoing observations for symptoms will be closely monitored.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning all exposed surfaces on our boats before, during and after every charter using disinfectants that are effective against COVID19 virus and other viruses.
- All guests / crew boarding the boat are to use provided hand sanitizer prior to boarding and again when leaving the boat.
- All crew are provided with appropriate protective facemasks and are instructed to use them when interacting with guests.
- All boats will have anti-bacterial hand wash and hand sanitizer onboard in the bathrooms and hand washing stations.
- Individual water bottles will be available on the boat.
- Waivers & card payment will be handled electronically.
We live in uncertain times, and now more than ever we understand that flexibility is a key component for anyone planning to travel. That’s why we have decided to make a few amendments to our cancellation policy from 1st July through to 31st December 2020:
- If you or your crew are affected by Coronavirus or by quarantine or border closures then you may rebook your charter to another date or cancel your charter and receive a full refund of your 50% deposit.
- For booking changes made 48 hours or more in advance of your original departure date, there will be no cancellation or rebooking fee.
- For booking changes made within 48 of booked charter time, 10% will be retained from the deposit with the remaining 40% of the deposit being refunded.
One obvious benefit of going on a private charter is that you are not interacting with other guests as it is only your group on board. It is also easy to maintain a distance from other guests at all of our activity points, such as Stingray City or Starfish Point.
As there is no risk from other guests along with the rigorous cleaning protocols for our boats and protective masks provided to our crew, we do not require our guests to wear protective face masks and you may decide whether you would like to use them or not when chartering with us. After all, what good is it being on a boat if you can’t enjoy the fresh air?
Snorkel Equipment & Towels
To minimize the risk of spread of Covid-19, we will not be providing used masks, snorkels or towels until we believe the risks of Covid-19 have been mitigated. We therefore ask that guests to bring their own snorkeling equipment and towels.
It is very common that your resort or cruise ship will have towels available for you to use.
There are a number of retailers here in Cayman that sell snorkeling equipment, namely Diver’s Supply and Divers World. For your convenience, we have maintain a stock of snorkel sets, which you can pre-arrange to have the equipment on board for your charter.
The rates for our mask & snorkel sets are as follows:
Adult: $35 USD
Child: $30 USD
If you would like to purchase snorkel sets to have on your charter, just mention it to our bookings agent and we’ll be sure to make it happen!
With all that being said, we like so many others in this industry continue to fight through these difficult times and are greatly appreciative of all your support as we continue on.
We look forward to getting you out on the water for a safe, action packed day of fun!
Crystal Charters Clan